I always have a blog post in my head. The words are all there. The pictures are all there, but for some reason I can’t seem to put it actually in the blog. I have extreme guilt for not documenting my kids lives in the blog. I need a book of this year and last year that is as big as the other years. It will not be as big because these blog posts are in my head and how can you make a book out of words in my head. So sad.
So this weekend went to my all time favorite place. The apple Orchard. Rows and rows of apple trees. Rows and Rows of deliciousness. Rows and rows of $1.85 per pound HONEY CRISP apples. Belewood Acres in Bellingham. Honey Crisp apples from Haggen are $4.49 per pound. This is such a seriously good deal.
We packed a lunch and headed on our way to meet my sisters. We talked and laughed on the way there. Max and Ryan were playing the DS together. Alysa was texting and Lyla was talking to her baby. I loved the sound of all of my kids.
We got there first and I went to take a picture of Alysa at the table eating lunch and realized that I did not have my camera card. Oh so sad! My favorite place and my camera card was in my computer (for the 1/2 written blog post that is not completed).
I called Angie and Jen and asked where they were and if they had an extra. Nope. Sad. I sent Eric to the store. He quickly came back so we could go out to the orchard.
Lyla insisted on bringing her baby to pick apples. She brought her stroller and packed a bag in the car complete with a bottle, blanket and toys. She loves her baby dolls.
Ryan was so dirty before we even got out to the orchard. His shirt is covered! He was rolling around under tires and playing so hard. I am a fan of earthing, but this kid is always dirty.
We rode the tractor train to the orchard. It is amazing to look at all of the different kinds of apples in the rows. I love to have my kids see where the apples come from and how they grow. There is something about eating apples from a tree.
i LOVE this one. Everyone with a smile. Lyla loved this rocking cow. She just kept climbing on and rocking away.
Max got mad and stormed away when I told him to get some money for donuts from dad. Not sure why he freaked out, but lately it seems to only take one thing to totally ruin his day. He pouted on this table until Greg threw a football at him. It was seriously annoying.
We left the orchard with $125 of delicious apples – 60 pounds of deliciousness! I can’t wait to go home and just eat the apples for snacks for weeks.
We couldn’t leave the orchard without this pumpkin either. Lyla wasn’t going to leave without one.
We stopped by Larabee Park on our way home. This is another one of my favorite places. I sometimes can’t believe that we live here.
Goodbye perfect day. Until next year.

No comments:
Post a Comment