Sunday, January 9, 2011

December

I can't believe that December is over!  We had a lot of things go on in December.  The kids had such a busy month. 

They made a snowman with a baby carrot nose.  I love this snowman.  it is so innocent.




Lyla loves the bath.  She is sitting and rolling and CRAWLING.  She is everywhere!   I can't even say how much I love this baby.



Ryan gets in the bath with Lyla everytime he sees she is in the bath.  He says ..  "Mom, smell me.. I am REALLY stinky" when he wants to get in.  Love this little kid. 





This is Alysa's Double Decker cheese sandwich.  I was on the phone with Ang and I was making Ryan an open face cheese sandwich.  Alysa saw what I was doing and said that she wanted a sandwich with 3 breads and two cheese.  I complained and said that I didn't want to do that.  Ang said that she would love that type of sandwich and it sounded delicious.  I made the lovely double decker sandwich.  She didn't even eat it. 




 Now here comes Christmas. We had a lovely Christmas. I love the Christmas season. I love the hussle. It is my favorite time of year. I love the magic of Reindeer and Santa. I love no school for 2 weeks. Christmas brings so much magic. Alysa wrote a letter to Santa and a few days later a letter from Santa came to here in the mail. She was so excited. It was a very cute Christmas poem. She thought it was wonderful. The next day max thought that he needed to write a letter to Santa in hopes that he would receive a letter back. He wrote a letter. The letter said that he wanted a few things. He promptly put the letter in the mailbox. The next day a letter arrived in the mail for Max. It said that the elves are getting ready fort Chrstmas and they would work really hard on getting the things for him from his list. He was so excited. He read it over and over again. He loved it! I loved it! Thank you Santa for writing my kids back and making such a big deal over their wonderful letters. Time just flew by and before I knew it Christmas Ever came along. We headed to Eric's parents for the Christmas Eve tradition.  We ate dinner, did the Christas play and then opened some gifts.  








 Max LOVED his Mario shirt. he loved the night and was so excited!
New pajamas!  The kids look forward to getting new pagamas every year.  Ryan was so happy to get Sponge Bob pants. 

 Alysa was excited to get a shirt that she could wear to bed AND to school. 

This Christmas was so great.  i stayed up the night before and wrapped and wrapped and wrapped, then we could watch Emmett Otter when we got home and head off to bed.   This is exactly what we ended up doing!  there is something about Emmett that brings the spirit of Christmas to my heart.  The songs remind me of my Christmas' as a kid.  My mom was always so good making our Christmas' perfect.  There was never a trace of packages or wrapping paper when we got up in the moning.  She always made sure that everything was even between all of us.  She always found the perfect presents for each of us.  I always compare my Christmas that I am making to every Christmas that I had as a child.  I just hope that my Christmas for my kids is just as magical as my Christmas alway was.  Thank you mom. 

Stay tuned for Christmas day! 

No comments: