Max went to his friends house to stay and Alysa was going to have a friend of hers from school over. I ate some dinner and while Eric left to take one of Alysa's friends home and get the other friend I turned on a show and cuddled up in a blanket. I was asleep before. He got home. He did the dishes, got Lyla and Ryan settled and all the while I slept!
I slept until about 2:00a when I heard the door creek open and shut. I lay there for a minute and then realized that alysa and the friend had gone outside. Outside at 2:00 am only means one thing... BOYS. I got up an looked out the window and didn't see them. I went and washed my face and then looked out the window again. I saw 4 people. Sure enough 2 boys. I debated which way was the best to tell them to come in and to tell them to send the boys away.
Turn on the porch light? No. That would be weird. Open the garage? No. That would be too loud for everyone else. Turn on the inside light so they knew I was awake? No. They probably wouldn't see it anyway. Going back to turn on the porch light.. No. too weird again. Make too much noise? No. They couldn't hear from out there anyway. Hummm.
What is the best!!?
Then I decided that I didn't care and opened the door and told the boys to leave and the girls to come in. For just a moment of time, I thought I cared about the way this looked to the boys and the friend. I actually didn't care, I was the parent and this situation wasn't what I wanted for alysa. Only trouble can happen that late at night. I only knew that the boys needed to go and the girls needed to come in.
It was so strange that I debated all of those ways to tell them to leave rather than just using my words to get them to go. I will not do that next time. And time to set some rules with the boys! No boys after 12. I find myself liking rules. We never had rules and boys could come over at 2. And my mom didn't seem to care. I care about this and I care about what alysa is doing. No boys after 12. And none especially when the parents are asleep!
Crazy girl. Boys are not worth getting in trouble for. It is true. Trust me.

No comments:
Post a Comment