Friday, April 1, 2016

Time

 I am a prisoner to the clock.  A true prisoner!  I watch the clock from the second I wake up in the morning.   Max has to be up by 6:25 a to get ready.   Alysa and Max have to leave by 7:12a to make it to the bus.  Then Ryan and Lyla need to be up by 8:10a to get ready to leave and we have to leave by 8:45a to make it to school.  Then I need to leave work by 3:20 to make it to get the kids from school.  I watch the clock all day long to make sure that time doesn't pass without me.   Then all night - watch the clock!  Piano lessons, dance, Tae Kwon Do, dinner, homework, sax lessons, volleyball practice, football practice, Zumba class, guitar lessons - they all have a time to be there and a time to end.     Time doesn't ever stand still.  It is constantly moving.  Lyla asked me the other day how I always knew what time to be to things and how I always knew when we were going to be late.  I had to inform her of the ever moving clock!  We talked about time and the clock.  We talked about a schedule and that things started and ended and certain times.  She was amazed.  

I usually read to Ryan and Lyla at night.  I can keep reading forever but the second I put the book down,  the second I let go of the time, let go of the responsibilities, let go of the day.  The second I stop watching the clock... I am asleep!  Crazy how much the clock can rule the day.   I am glad today is Friday so the clock can go away for just a little while. 

No comments: