Ryan came home from school the other day and told me that a pencil eraser accidentally got stuck in his ear. I looked in his ear and sure enough there was a top of a pencil eraser deep down in his ear. I thought about how to get it out. I told him this was a bad thing. I told him that we could have to go to the doctor. I thought again how to get it out. I tried tweezers. They didn't work. I was afraid I was going to shove it in further. I thought again about how to get it out. I tried to shake his head to see if it would fall out. Not working.. I then remembered that Eric had pointy tweezers. I grabbed the pointy tweezers. I was very careful and grabbed the end of the eraser and pulled. Ryan was so relieved that he could hear again. It was a top to a pencil eraser that had been bitten off and then apparently shoved in his ear. he said that he tried all day long in order to get it out of his ear. he said that he tried a pencil. he tried other things too. I told my little friend that if anything ever happened like this again at school, which I hoped would never happen... I would expect him to tell his teacher so we could take care of it sooner. he said that he didn't want to tell his teacher for fear that it would be embarrassing. I am thrilled it was able to get out without going to the doctor. We are lucky that it didn't go in further.
Too Hot for Butter
1 month ago


1 comment:
The only question I have is why is Alysa standing on one leg in your picture above? :)
Post a Comment